Monday, February 21, 2011

Bubba's Texas Burger Shack

Well here it is the moment everyone has been waiting for... The first joint on the list... Bubba's Texas Burger Shack. All I have to say is good luck finding it. You think I'm joking. It's literally under the Westpark tollway. However as you can tell they have recently joined the rest of us on the internet and have made themselves a website. I must say for a shack they have a pretty solid website. Ok on to why you're here... Just to wet your appetite

Super Fresh (out front of Bubba's)


Quality: 4.5
Its a solid burger. They don't try to screw you on cheese. There is a nice blend of seasonings that make the overall quality of this burger very high. They offer both beef and buffalo for your burger. If you ask them they will suggest buffalo (big buffalo endorsers). They offer a wide variety of toppings including white or wheat buns, jalapenos, bacon (yes thats bacon they used to make those), as well as your typical condiments. 

Quantity: 2
What can I say here? There's just not much there. The burger is good just not overwhelming. Your average joe could walk in and crush any burger in the joint. They aren't big patties so if your not that hungry this could be a place for you. That is why this place is getting such low ratings in this category. 



Cost: 4
This place is fairly low cost. Were talking around 6 dollars for a burger. Total with drink and a side less than 10 bucks thats pretty solid bang for you buck. I'm pretty sure together we spent around 15 dollars. Unlike McDonald's you won't regret spending a few bucks here for a quality burger. 

Full Factor: 1
Well to put in nicely this place will leave you desiring more. The patties looked like 1/4 lb patties and seeing as how the largest burger you can get is a double your looking at a 1/2 lb burger... Seriously?! Whats that supposed to be an appetizer? If I wanted an appetizer I would have ordered this. Slightly disappointed however here's something that will make you chuckle.



Ease of Eating: 2.5
It's not like eating a burger is complicated... however it get significantly more difficult when being eaten out of ballpark hotdog holder. I mean its already greasy now I have to dig it out... I just want to pick it up and eat it. Its that simple. 

Side Dishes: 0.5
This place has odd sides. There are no fries, onion rings, or tots. I mean it is truly a burger without these, these, or both of them together? Instead you have to choose from chips, jalapeno potato salad, nachos, and chili... I thought this was America instead I felt like I was here. call me traditional but its a truly unique combination to say the least. If your in to those kinda of sides then this is the place for you.

Ambiance: 
This a place where this kind of stuff is cool and celebrated. Don't get me wrong I'm a big Cash fan. This a guys joint where you can enjoy a nice cold brew while enjoying your burger. They offer a nice selection of beers and even offer happy hour discounts. Its full of bumper stickers of old rock/country singers and has a nice playlist.

OVERALL: 2.4
The overall score here is a bit misleading. There were some things that hurt this place such as side dishes. The burger itself was pretty good, and considering how this is burger blog I have to give a good word of mouth rating. I wont fudge the numbers, buts its a solid burger.

People were still taking suggestions for new places. Give us some ideas and we'll do some recon on your  suggestion. 

6 comments:

  1. You chose the one place that didn't get a single vote. Also what about that Kramer guy? he wouldn't know a good burger if it smacked him in the face. The dude is clueless, I think you need a new partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubba's is pretty good. Have you tried Lankford's Grocery? http://www.lankfordgrocery.com/

    It was on food network, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went to Bubba's on Friday, and I honestly think that was the best Buffalo Burger I've had in my life (but then again, I haven't had too many burgers).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The burger itself got good reviews... Just the overall took a hit

    ReplyDelete
  5. My roommate and I go to Bubba's sometime for what we like to call Sketch Food Saturday.

    ReplyDelete