Monday, March 14, 2011

Christian's Totem? Tailgate?

So its that time again... Another burger joint has joined the ranks of the most exclusive burger blog in all of Houston...

I went to nail a joint called Christian's Tailgate... You may wonder about the confusion of the name of the post... Since the last time I had been there they have changed their name from Christian's Totem to Christian's Tailgate... Odd I know... I am quite confused myself... Anyways here it is for your viewing pleasure...

NASCAR says Totem... Sign says Tailgate?

QUALITY: 5
This is a solid burger everything you would expect from a bar and grill. They may be confused on the name, but they are not confused on how to make a burger. You know its quality when you can tell they make the burgers by hand. None of the pre-cooked frozen patties were talking real americans (apparently mcdonalds pays well) making real burgers.

QUANTITY: 4.5
When I say quantity this is what I mean... They offer a variety of sizes here ranging from meager 1/3 lb burger to the manly 1 lb of pure american beef burger. Best part is that its one of those rare breeds that offers the pounder as a combo meal. Pounder, fries, and a drink... what a combo?!

COST: 4
This place is not costly... you can eat for two for less than 20 bucks. We're talking about at least two pounds total of food for under $20 thats a steal. Let me also fill you in on a secret its $1 drafts on Monday and Wednesday nights... Cheap food (thats also good) and cheap beer... Really what else do you need me to say you?!

FULL FACTOR: 4.5
Its that feeling you get like when you have done something beyond great... Or its like that feeling on Thanksgiving you get when you've eaten so much that it makes it hard to breath? Yea one of those feelings when walk out... assuming you wont wimp out and not finish the burger... I will say this there aren't many rules to eating burgers however there are some burgers law that exist... BURGER LAW #1 never let the burger dominate you!!! If you order it you finish it or forever be known as a woman and shunned by your friends for a minimum of 2 weeks...


EASE OF EATING: 4
Ok this is where the burger took its worst shot... The patties are thick which in turn makes the burger tall... Therefore the sheer size of the burger is what makes the burger not as easy to eat. I'm not saying its difficult I'm just saying its not for the faint of heart (or small of stature) to crush the pounder...


SIDE DISHES: 4
I realize that the first post I did was devoid of regular side dishes however I can promise you this one is not. They keep it simple with real american classics (how could you honestly be more american than that?). You have fries, cheese fries, or chili cheese fries, and onion rings... Doneski!!!! Beer battered fries and rings but what else would you expect from a bar and grill.


AMBIANCE:
Ambiance... this is a place you can take anyone. Its a great bar to go with friends to watch games... They have multiple tv's all over the place and the only thing ever on in sports. Seeing as how March Madness is coming up I would recommend this place to watch games and grab a brew. Also if your so inclined to challenge your friends in slide board they also have one of those to play before or after you eat.

OVERALL RATING:  4.4
This is a solid place that has a good burger and good overall ambiance. It will leave you and your wallet full. I highly recommend this place for those you that haven't been there already. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm out of the country right now and you are doing me a huge service with your blog, brother. Keep doing your thing and I will keep reading, until I can visit the spots myself that is!
    -Scott (aka Nemo aka Nimrod)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna have to check this place out soon.

    Have you been to Barnaby's cafe? I heard they're pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete