Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lankford's Grocery

Ok ok ok... I know many people have been long awaiting for this post. I finally found time to make it Lankford's... And what I mean by I finally had time is that I finally just stopped being a bum, turned off March Madness, and went to grab a delicious burger. BTW side note I think I need to go to Florida I hear the food is great!

So I'm sitting here reminiscing on my trip to Lankford's it was well worth the time and effort it takes to track it down and find it... however I made it and was jacked up!! So what I felt was a pretty solid chance to go 4 for 4 on the Final Four turned out to be a bunch of crap... All four of my teams played this weekend and only 1 made it in... Thank you Coach Cal. I mean seriously VCU?! 

Lankford's Grocery


Quality: 4.5
Great Burger! Let me just get that one out there... It was a very solid burger! Exactly what I think of when I think of a burger joint burger. Hand made fresh patties, a solid amount of cheese, and toasted buns. Its not like I love toasted buns however I do really enjoy that they took the time to toast my buns... Its the thought that counts. 

Quantity: 4.5
Good quantity of food. I had the triple and tots... for lunch it was a lot of food! Not that I'm complaining I knocked it down! I aint no woman! But no seriously its a good amount of food.



Cost: 4
Again like most places they are all around pretty much the same price. It was $20 bucks not bad by any stretch, and by this places reputation they could probably charge more so I'm glad they have stayed down to earth. Always a good sign that grandma hasn't jacked up the prices. 

Full Factor: 4.5
Oh my thats all I can say here... Its one of those burgers that almost took me down. I mean I watched em butcher the cow for my burger... I've nailed pounders and it just didnt feel like that to me. I'd be surprised if it wasnt 1 1/3lbs at least. You know what though at the end of the day I took it down like a champ! Those thoughts started creeping into my mind, but you know what I said? I said NO! Burger you will defeat me! It served as inspiration enough to let me kill the burger and tots... I'm a beast!

Ease of Eating: 4
Pretty easy to eat... Can't complain to much. I wish the bun to meat ratio was more balance. A lot of meat very little bun. Other than just getting my mouth around the burger it was easy to eat.

Side Dishes: 4.5
Oh my oh my... one word to sum it all up TOTS!! I mean they had the other basics as well, fries and onion rings. But come on people I'm talking about fresh tots... Not the soggy tots that you get at Sonic... Just the good 'ol fashioned deep fried tots. They are hard to find and even harder to perfect, but once you find one someone that can cook em just right its like perfection.



Ambiance:
Well its an old house. Literally you are eating inside the old garage. They didn't even take down the garage down... However they do offer outdoor seating if thats more your thing. It only nice enough in Houston to do that a couple weeks out of the year... so... yea... Its a good ambiance overall though. The people are friendly and there is good food so not complaints.

Overall: 4.33
Great burger and great place... Overall very solid...

Just a shot of inside



3 comments:

  1. Did any of y'all try the firehouse burger? You really do need a firetruck to cool down with that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I had been waiting for this review. I've been to this place many times. It's good, I just wish they cooked their burgers to order, as I like mine super duper rare.

    ReplyDelete